June 3rd, 2009 // 12:56 pm @ Tanmay Vora // Comments Off
There was an interesting question on LinkedIn Answers recently – “What 4 or 5 things do you do each and every day to be successful?“. Now that was thought-provoking.
Here is my list of 5 things that I do (or try to do) everyday to be/remain successful:
- Eat healthy and walk to stay fit. No fun being successful and sick! Get 7 hours of sleep and maintain a mental balance that is needed for managing difficult situations at work.
- Be thankful for what I have. Everyday for 5 minutes, I think of what I have that others only yearn for. Being thankful for gifts you have (health, intellect, family, passion, willingness, work, kids etc.) is essential part of “success-thinking”. Be thankful to the family for they are the ones for whom you want to be successful.
- Observe/Learn. Observe patterns in the way things happen, in the way people behave, mistakes made by others. When I observe and learn something, I blog about it. Blog is an important knowledge management tool for documenting my learnings. Part of my success project.
- Aspire for Quality – quality in interactions, quality in client calls, quality in work products I generate. Quality everywhere. Because Quality delivers an experience. Quality drives success. Good quality means a pleasant experience that is memorable. Challenge though, is to balance quality with timeline. Tight deadlines does not mean poor quality. Isn’t it?
- Delegate. Doing everything yourself is a sure way to limit your capacity. One of the most important traits of successful people is that they are able to multiply their capacity by virtue of delegating. By delegating, you also give others a chance to lift their game up and be excellent.
What does your list look like? Well, I am curious to know. Give it a thought and share it in comments.
Image Courtesy: Yogi’s photostream on Flickr