A few days back, I compiled a list of 25 things I learnt on conducting productive meetings.
On the same lines, I read this amusing and very relevant post on Cultural Offering blog titled “What they’re thinking during your poorly planned and badly executed meeting” – the title says it all!
My favorites from the list are: “Why am I here?” and “$50 per hour x 12 x 2 hours = $1200″
This goes on to tell how important it is to plan and execute meetings well, or else people tend to look at meetings as a waste. They will feel disengaged and the whole purpose of meeting goes for a toss.
My additions to that fantastic list of what they’re thinking during your poorly planned and badly executed meeting:
- What was the agenda?
- Wife’s going to shout at me again for getting late!
- I’ll have to cancel the tickets to the movie this evening!
- If they had to discuss it between two of them, why were we called?
- Why can’t he stop talking about all great things he did during his last client meeting?
- Should I be the first one to pick up the cookie from that plate? Or should I wait?
- Why is coffee not coming?
- Weather must be beautiful outside!